FYI

Who’s doing research into the SWNT rug or carpet?
Rice University is way ahead of everybody else under a series of grants
from the Multidisciplinary Research Program of the ONR, the Office of Naval
Research and NASA.

>From the ONR office:

*The DoD expects that MURI programs will promote application of defense
research, principally for defense purposes but also for commercial
purposes. The research topics described in the MURI announcement generally
underpin dual use defense technologies that are critical to national
defense and that also have good potential for commercial application.
Interactions with research and development organizations that transition
research findings to application, particularly industrial organizations,
DoD laboratories, and other organizations that perform research and
development for defense applications, are encouraged.*

Being somewhat paranoid and prone to conspiracy theories, I find this
curious.

Cheers:   Axil