Celani's spoken English is hard to understand. Many details of his
presentation escaped me. I will ask him for copies of the slides. He is
usually happy to share them.

He concluded by saying he plans to improve the insulation and put it in
self-sustaining mode, soon. That is to say, trigger the reaction with
external power much less than 48 W, and then when it heats up anomalously,
cut the external power and let it run in heat after death mode
indefinitely. The current does stimulate wire activity, I guess with
electromigration, but it is not essential once the reaction can begin.

That will put to rest any concerns about the calorimetry, needless to say.
That is a good idea. Celani is no fool.

He says he thinks the wire acts mainly as a proton conductor.

Pure, clean, as-received constantan does not work. The stuff is very cheap,
by the way. Available in unlimited amounts.

I think he said the longest run with this device in Italy was 2 months
continuous. The biggest technical hurdle with this and the other wires he
has been working on is that the wire breaks. Hydrogen embrittlement, I
suppose. Constantan is not particularly immune to this but it seems to hold
up at high temperatures.