Hi,
[snip]
>There is a phenomena that is not too well known that most likely allows this
>possibility to exist.  I first ran into this effect years ago when designing
>and modeling an EAS system.  The system worked with a small linear magnetic
>strip of material that relied upon magnetostriction for detection.  I was
>analyzing the magnetic field originating from a tuned coil that surrounded the
>tiny tag to determine energy flow and coupling.  My model told me that the
>magnetic field from the coil itself was roughly Q times as large as the small
>source tag supplying the energy for the coil.  This seems to be heresy for
>obvious reasons and I shared my results with all of the scientists and
>engineers in the group.  Everyone assumed that this was not possible until I
>was able to model that the phase of the coil induced field was at
>approximately right angles to that of the tag.  I will leave the details for
>anyone interested to work out as an exercise.  There were a couple of guys
>with PhD's in physics
>among the group and I had to do some difficult explaining.
>
>So, in the case at hand I can visualize how a relatively large, high Q,
>electro magnetically coupled, tuned  inductor can interact with a current of
>ions.  The inductive field dominates the ion movement by virtue of its
>overwhelming magnitude.  This field causes the ions to follow the magnetic
>lines of force that are of an axial nature.  The ions travel in a helical path
>that becomes synchronized to the oscillation frequency of the inductor since
>the Q of that network continues to supply energy during periods of time when
>the ions are passive.  At some point in time and  inductor generated magnetic
>field level, the ion collection is induced to supply a burst of energy.  Think
>of this as being similar to the transition through the negative resistance
>region of a tunnel diode.  It is my opinion that the system being observed
>behaves as a negative resistance oscillator by some means.

If a nuclear reaction is responsible for creating very energetic particles, then
these will in turn create tens to hundreds of thousands of ions as they slow
down in the gas, causing the gas to expand, and also storing electrical energy
in the electron-ion pairs.

When the electrons recombine with the ions a burst of energy should be released,
which could be in the form of an EM pulse that interacts with the coil. This is
also what Paul Brown was claiming (reinvention of the Alfred Hubbard device see
http://www.rexresearch.com/hubbard/hubbard.htm). See also Paul's patent
(US4835433).

Note that in the John Rohner video, he also mentions a burst/pulse of energy,
and says they only want one [per power stroke], so as not to waste energy. That
would appear to confirm this analysis.

>All oscillator networks that I am familiar with have some form of mechanism
>that limits the energy excursions.  Fortunately, the coil in this case does
>not burst into flames or have its wire  melt as it is driven by the energy
>generation process.   I suspect that the maximum magnitude of the induced
>magnetic field acts as the damper in this situation.  Perhaps the helical
>motion(rotation frequency) of the ions becomes modified and thus the coupling
>between the ions and inductor is reduced at the inductor resonant frequency.
>It is too early to identify these parameters at this time.   We need to
>harness this interaction and utilize the free energy that results.

I don't think it's quite "free", but I think you have probably correctly
identified the mechanism.
[snip]
Regards,

Robin van Spaandonk