Mark,

A singularity(collapsed matter), what I call my gremlin, can pass right
through other matter, as in a window.  As a singularity comes into contact
with other matter/energy it cools off and expands and is happy momentarily.
 If it cannot grab enough matter/energy to continue expanding/cooling, it
gets angry, collapses, gives off energy as it evaporates and then POP and
it is gone.  The gremlin is not a picky eater, it will rip/consume whatever
matter you feed it and belch quantum goo.

The largest gremlins(black holes) in the universe are in the coldest
places.  Do not feed your baby gremlins too much or they will get very
large quickly and swallow you.  They are like Otto in that pool of water.
 Care for your baby gremlins very carefully and do not feed them too much
or they will grow up suddenly.

That Papp engine is scary powerful if you step on the accelerator.