From: pagnucco <pagnu...@htdconnect.com>
To: vortex-l <vortex-l@eskimo.com>
Sent: Wed, Sep 5, 2012 3:12 pm
Subject: [Vo]:Ahern's ILENRS-12 Presentation - "Energy Localization"

Jed Rothwell just posted ILENRS-12 presentations at:

http://lenr-canr.org/wordpress/?page_id=1097

Brian Ahern's presentation "Energy Localization" proposes that Fermi
acceleration (F-A) can intensely concentrate energy on the nanoscale.

His example of spring coupled point masses seems to circumvent the 2nd Law
of Thermodynamics, by focusing rather than diffusing kinetic energy.

As in endothermic chemical reactions, this is (probably) just an apparent
violation of the 2nd Law, except occurring at nuclear/particle scales.

F-A appears in many contexts involving elastic and conservative energy
exchanges, and can result in extremely large, highly localized energy
exchanges.  It can be driven by internal or external stimuli - mechanical,
acoustic or electromagnetic.  It breaks down when energy leaks from a
closed system by dissipation or inelastic collisions.

If the inelastic collisions that stop F-A involve particle or nuclear
reactions, then maybe some LENR results - perhaps explaining
electron-capture, some fissions or fusions?

Some of the reported successful LENR experiments, e.g., Brillouin,
Energetics, seem to conform to the F-A model.  If so, they could be very
sensitive to shapes and spectra of the the stimuli.

Opinions/criticisms welcome.

-- Lou Pagnucco