Jeff,

The reports cited in the presentation are of hi-temp superconductivity (I
believe), rather than just non-monotonic resistivity vs. temp phenomena.

It may be worth looking at the recently reported hi-temp superconductivity
seen in fractal materials - e.g.,

"High-temperature superconductivity: The benefit of fractal dirt"
http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v466/n7308/full/466825a.html

"Fractals make better superconductors"
http://www.nanotech-now.com/news.cgi?story_id=39593

"Fractals promise higher-temperature Superconductors"
http://www.stealthskater.com/Documents/Fractals_04.pdf

"X-rays control disorder in superconductor"
http://physicsworld.com/cws/article/news/2011/aug/31/x-rays-control-disorder-in-superconductor

"Fractals boost superconductivity"
http://physicsworld.com/cws/article/news/2010/aug/13/fractals-boost-superconductivity

-- Lou Pagnucco