Radiation is just some hand waving that Papp used to confuse and
eventually kill off the competition.

I had a belief that hydrogen fusion was going on until yesterday. But when
I watched Video #11, I got the feeling that a shock wave was involved. Russ
increased the voltage(energy) of his spark and he got a bigger pop. Also
hydrogen fusion is very hard to do.

The Casmir force might be amplifying the speed and power of the shock wave
as it goes through the hydrogen.

This sort of thing is what LeClair says keeps his water crystal pushing
through metals for meters.

The van der Waals force also known as the Casmir force may well be where
the pop is coming from.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casmir_Effect

Where the Casmir force gets its power from, I do not know.

Some say that it is derived from the strong force which holds our universe
together, or from virtual particles which over time can destroy black
holes, or from zero pint energy.

But if a shockwave is the active agent is the Papp reaction, the bigger and
more powerful the wave, the better.

To get a better shockwave, we are interested in Pulsed power.

Pulse power is the science and technology of accumulating energy over a
relatively long period of time and releasing it very quickly, thus
increasing the instantaneous power.

Steady accumulation of energy followed by its rapid release can result in
the delivery of a larger amount of instantaneous power over a shorter
period of time (although the total energy is the same).

For example, if one joule of energy is stored within a capacitor and then
evenly released to a load over one second, the peak power delivered to the
load would only be 1 watt.

However, if all of the stored energy were released within one microsecond,
the peak power would be one megawatt, a million times greater.

I am interested in using those 1000 joules of power stored in Russ’s
capacitors and releasing it in 10 nanoseconds.

This will produce 100,000,000,000 watts (100,000 megawatts) of peak power.
This release of pulse power will produce a healthy supersonic shockwave in
the hydrogen plasma.

Cheers:   Axil