Hi All,

I've been lurking and reading about Chuck's nickel/boron electrolysis
experiments, and decided to try to do a replication.  I had purchased some
thin thoriated tungsten welding electrodes recently to see if I could
replicate some of the effects seen with the Athanor reactor and thought I'd
try to put the two together.

So yesterday, I took 3 nickles and drilled 1/16" holes through them and
attached them to one of the thoriated tungsten electrodes.  I set this up
as the cathode (-) and used another thoriated tungsten electrode without
nickels for the anode.  I ran this all night and did not see any heat
production and the eletrolysis was very slow (gas bubbles seen only rarely).

This morning, I modified the setup.  I took a 1 1/2" piece of a thoriated
tungsten electrode and put the nickels on it and submerged it in the
solution of distilled water and borax.  For the anode, I used a makeshift
electrode that I had made for a previous experiment (nickel shavings
soldered to a piece of solid copper wire).  This change resulted in
vigorous electrolysis.

I am using a 12V DC 1 amp transformer for power.

At 7am when the experiment started, the air temperature was 55 degrees and
the water in my cell was 55 degrees.  At 9 am, air temp was still 55
degrees, and the water temp in the cell was 110 degrees F.

The top of the glass jar is open to the air, so there is significant heat
loss there.  Whether this is LENR or not, I don't know, but is certainly
interesting and different from anything I've seen before with electrolysis.

What I plan to do next is to setup a parallel control cell with all the
same components utilizing table salt / distilled water as the electrolyte
and to compare.

Any thoughts, questions, or ideas on what to try next would be welcome.  If
there is interest, I'll update the group on my progress.

Warm Regards,

Jack