Akira Shirakawa <shirakawa.ak...@gmail.com> wrote:

> This might sound like a naive question, but isn't the Arata technique
> documented? And if it isn't, why it isn't?

First, Arata's technique is documented, but not well according to some
people. He tends to keep secrets.

Second, when I said Rossi "applied" the technique, I meant that loosely.
Arata was working with Pd nanoparticles loaded with deuterium gas. He first
used pure Pd, and later various mixtures. Rossi is working with Ni loaded
with H. Rossi says he added two secret ingredients to the metal.

I meant that Rossi decided to try gas loading of nanoparticles. The actual
details of the two systems are quite different.