what is their profile at ANS ?

Scientists ?(I mean the APS like, MIT like, Science/Nature Like)
Industrialists ? (Business)
Engineers (in the french meaning: link between science and industry,
between project and technology, between feasible and done)?
Applied scientist ? (a science version of the engineer)

Industrialist and engineers have a tendency to accept facts more easily,
even if they are conservative, and have a tendency to trust scientists and
mainstream. They have less dogma, but much trust and in scientific domain,
a great modesty (that hopefully they compensate in the business domain).

Pure scientists (not applied scientists) are more dogmatic, preferring
crazy unproven hypothesis that match their assumptions, than accepting
facts that break all their books.

Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems to be what I've observed, with my own bias.