That's not correct. There is a theory that considers cold fusion as a
variation of conventional hot fusion. This is Takahashi's TSC theory.

TSC is a tetrahedron of hydrogens bound by coherent electrons, which also
happen to be in a tetrahedral form, overlapping the protons. As you know, 2
tetrahedrons are shaped into an octahedron. Although this is a rare
instance, it makes the hydrogena collapse all the way into atomic size. The
electrons absorb the huge potential energies from the protons, so there is
no emission of energy up to that point.

There are several things that can happen after the collapse, but what
happens in general is that in usual hot fusion you have the entrance of 2
particles, always, in TSC you everything is synchronized to 3 or more
bodies to react. So, with several bodies, the energy levels of the system
is extremely divided until it emitted in bundles of XUV to low energy
xrays. That is, around 0.5KeV to 10KeV. This energy is extremely well
absorbed by all kinds of matter, in fact, it is of the best absorbed wave
bands and even something as thin as 1 micrometer or a few micrometers of
air can absorb killowatts without any trace of the original radiation.

This is why studies of the Solar Corona are mostly done in balloons or
space given that they also happen to shine in this wavelength and any thin
atmosphere may absorb all of the original photons.

2012/12/29 Mark Gibbs <mgi...@gibbs.com>

> Let's see if I'm understanding this correctly: The theory was that nuclear
> reactions cannot occur in a system such as P&F's. This theory was falsified
> which means that nuclear reactions can (and did) occur.
>
> [mg]
>

> --
Daniel Rocha - RJ
danieldi...@gmail.com