Electrons moving in certain solids can behave as if they are a thousand
times more massive than free electrons, but at the same time act as
superconductors..

http://phys.org/news/2012-06-mass-scientists-electrons-heavy-speedy.html#jCp

See the included video that displays heavy electrons at different energies
and shows their standing wave patterns (like water in a pond) around
individual atomic defects placed intentionally in a compound. The patterns
in these images allowed the Princeton scientists to understand the
formation of heavy electron waves and to identify a hard-to-measure quantum
entanglement process that controls their mass.

Cheers:   Axil