I added the following comment:

The experimental approach and the intention for applying LENR in space should be be admired. The problem is with the theory being explored. This theory is flawed in so many ways, all of which have been well explained in published papers, that I’m amazed that NASA would seriously explore the idea. Many other explanations have much better consistency with observed behavior and with basic physics. Why is a universally rejected theory being used by NASA is my question?

Ed