Dave, let me explain my situation more clearly. I studied the effect for 23 years, have done hundreds of experiments, and from this information arrive at a model that shows how all the observations are related though the same mechanism. This mechanism must occur in cracks. So, I design an experiment to create cracks on purpose. As a result, 4 samples make radiation that can only result from a nuclear reaction - problem solved. But, I attempt to repeat the success and fail. The radiation is real, the cracks are real, and the idea is consistent with all other behavior.

So why is the effect not replicated? If the theory is correct, the cracks I'm now making are not the right size. If the theory is wrong, I have no idea why the experiment did not work again. If I had no theory, I would not have even tried to make cracks. CF is too complex to just try any idea that comes to mind because the result cannot be interpreted without a model.

Let's assume NASA gets an effect from one of their small samples. Did this result because W-L is correct, which is what they will assume, or did it result because unknown to them the proper cracks were made. You see, the next experiment will depend on which theory is believed. If they believe W-L, they will look for neutrons. If they believe me they will look for cracks. If they are smart, they will look for both, but I'm not confident this will happen.