W&L now includes a reference to spasers in the following on page 26:

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&frm=1&source=web&cd=11&cad=rja&ved=0CDEQFjAAOAo&url=http%3A%2F%2Fnewenergytimes.com%2Fv2%2Fsr%2FWL%2Fslides%2F20120706LatticeEnergySlides.pdf&ei=JxBaUbmTJarC4AOe1oHoCA&usg=AFQjCNGIA5OCFP0wCWogsAF0RiKYCnMwRA&sig2=EZC1zIg_0FxZ6I_Rwjfo1A

 they site this info

"We demonstrate that aligned carbon-nanotube arrays are efficient
transporters of laser-generated mega-ampere electron currents over
distances as large as a millimeter. A direct polarimetric measurement of
the temporal and the spatial evolution of the megagauss magnetic fields (as
high as 120 MG) at the target rear at an intensity of (1018–1019) W/cm2 was
corroborated by the rear-side hot electron spectra. Simulations show that
such high magnetic flux densities can only be generated by a very well
collimated fast electron bunch."

An intensity of (1018–1019) W/cm2 is a very high electric field don't you
think?