On Mon, May 20, 2013 at 3:27 PM, Jones Beene <jone...@pacbell.net> wrote:

  …that is going to be our collective curse, or opportunity …depending on a
> few political decisions soon to be on the horizon.

Yes -- this is an interesting thought.  Assume for the moment that Rossi
comes through and we get commercial LENR in the next few years.  I do not
necessarily think it will go well for everyone.  At minimum there would be
a transition period where productivity in areas that can be incrementally
automated skyrockets and workers are laid off in droves.  With the general
approach currently in place, there will be no training or support for them,
and they will just be unemployed.  Ditto for the high school and college
students who did not know to focus on service sector work.  Ditto for the
masses of laborers in countries that now provide cheap labor in areas such
as manufacturing.  It could all be pretty messy for a while.

Eric