From: Joshua Cude [mailto:joshua.c...@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, May 31, 2013 12:08 AM
To: vortex-l@eskimo.com
Subject: Re: [Vo]:Ethics of the E-Cat investigation put into question

On Thu, May 30, 2013 at 9:45 PM, Eric Walker <eric.wal...@gmail.com> wrote:

Yes, and only in a diesel engine do you not need a battery to keep spark
plugs going.  Demanding a self-sustaining device is like demanding a diesel
engine.  ICEs were first developed in the 1860s, and the diesel engine was
invented in 1893, several decades later.  I don't think that necessarily
implies a similar period of development at this time, since we know so much
about heat engines.  But I think the only reasonable assumption is that it
would be nontrivial for Rossi get his device to be self-sustaining.

Seriously? Do you really not know how an internal combustion engine works?
Have you not used a lawn mower, or a kick-start motorcycle or a pull-start
outboard motor. Remember the cranks on model Ts?

The engine produces the electricity for the spark, and to charge the
battery. Even if the battery were involved in producing the spark (and in
some engines it is partially used), the engine charges the battery, so the
whole thing is still self-sustaining. I have no problem using a battery (or
any number of them) to power the ecat. And if the ecat can charge the
battery, I'll happily call it self-sustaining.

Man, this place is crawling with ignoramuses.