Jed wrote:

I do not understand what you are saying here. Are you saying that Rossi was
present? Or that that he interfered with the experiment?

I do not think that Levi or his co-authors has said that Rossi was absent.
Only that he played no role in the testing, and he did not touch the
equipment. They verified that by making a video for the entire test:

"A wristwatch was placed next to the wattmeter, and a video camera was set
up on a tripod and focused on both objects: at one frame per second, the
entire sequence of minutes and power consumption were filmed and recorded
for the 96-hour duration of the test."

my answer: I must apologize, usually i make a clear distinction between
private comments and citations, in my last comment this was perhaps not
clear. My personal comments are not important, I am a blog commentator like
million others and everybody may ignore them. Important however are
citations and data sources and their evaluation. Everthing is in that
NET-Journal article.

opinion mode: I must admit that this article there is a sort of promotion
article full of conspiracy theories having (also) private webpages as
sources. For instance, they tell us in this article (feb. 2013) that BP,
Shell and Exxon would have started to sell their oil fields, fearing the
positive results of the Ecat test (results to be published later). And so
on. But as far as the visit of the Schneiders is concerned, I think the
article looks reliable. Aspecially because they show the same pictures as
in the report, even the screwdriver is a the same place.

You are right: I have seen no citable source saying that A. Rossi was not
present during the tests.

My personal opinion: end of november G. Levi and Rossi performed Ecat tests
in the Ferrara lab with an IR-camera. 3 weeks later, the tests started,
again with the same IP camera, and Rossi doesn't know who is performing the
tests. If Levi would suddenly appear to check something, Rossi would be
forced to say:

R: (with an twinkling eye) hey! You there with the red t-shirt - who are
you, what are you doing here? How did you pass the security check?"
L: (with black eyeglasses) "sorry, i can't reveal my identity, i am part of
the four professors group."
R: (smiling) "Ah, welcome."

This is a bit
ridiculous<http://dict.leo.org/#/search=ridiculous&searchLoc=1&resultOrder=basic&multiwordShowSingle=on>
of
course. How did they manage not to see each other if visitors are present?
In my opinion it is also strange that an inventor can walk alone into an
"independent third party test" without beeing observed. I mean if he has
dicovered a new energy source, he is worth the nobel prize. He should not
risk his credibility.

Yes, the video is important: it could increase Rossis credibility or lead
to a quick retraction of this article. But in the past, data from Levi was
sometimes "lost". Lets hope that this time this video is not "lost", but
uploaded to the internet.