On Mon, Jun 3, 2013 at 4:07 PM, Jed Rothwell <jedrothw...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I do not understand what you have in mind here. Nature allows us to do
> some things and not others. We have to work with what nature allows, not
> what we would wish for in an ideal universe.[...]
>
> Obviously with more engineering R&D a self-sustaining Rossi reactor could
> be made.

How is that so obvious, after your song and dance about what nature allows.

I think it's obvious now, that if it is triggered by heat, and it makes
heat, it's a matter of controlling how much heat dissipates to make it
self-sustaining. And he's claimed 100 hours of self-sustaining already.
That's enough for a whiz-bang demo.

>  It would not prove anything the present test does not prove. Mary Yugo
> would insist it is fake. Robert Park would ignore it. Why bother? Just use
> a different watt meter next time and all remaining questions vanish as
> surely as they would with a self-sustaining reactor.

Well, that's not consistent with your previous statements about the need
for an isolated self-sustaining device that remains palpably hotter than
ambient as a demo that could not be refuted. I think that's right, but it
just never appears, even though cold fusion is supposed to have an energy
density a million times that of dynamite.