Axil,

Never mind.  To answer my own question, here is a replication:

Effect of Recrystallization on Heat Output and Surface Composition of Ti
and Pd Cathodes
J. Dash, J. Solomon, Portland State University, Portland, OR, USA

http://64.142.106.183/v2/conferences/2012/ICCF17/papers/Dash-Effect%20of%20Recrystallization-Slides-ICCF-17.pdf

Still, with such strange results, lots of replications are needed.