You are exactly right; EMF is concentrated just like Tesla did it. But it
happens through the size differences between the clusters. Big clusters act
like primaries and small ones like secondary.

When large clusters touch small ones, large EMF amplification occurs in the
nano-volumes between them.

EMF can get through the barrier with no problem. It just needs to be the
right type of EMF to shake up the nucleus: Monopole magnetic fields.

Spinning currents are the key; current vortexes.