DGT stole a page from Rossi's book on the Ni-H scientific side, now they're
stealing a page from his book on how to conduct business and promise
undisclosed future promises of independent university testing.

I think they were working with Rossi and decided for themselves that the
guy was too mercurial and if a clown like him could find the secret, so
could they.  Like someone sidling up to the Wright Brothers like Selfridge
(the first person to die in a Wright Brothers accident) and steal the IP.
That same approach was tried by no less an aeronautical luminary than
Langley when he finally realized how far behind he was in his research.

http://books.google.com/books?id=XKaqfYxlsW8C&pg=PA96&lpg=PA96&dq=%22wright+brothers%22+++%22octave+chanute%22+smithsonian+langley+cheeky&source=bl&ots=uR3Rqkkfb9&sig=Sffd3uvfLAlm28sdKgke1cA-g-0&hl=en&sa=X&ei=ATDzUYC_HOffiAKCr4HgDA&ved=0CEUQ6AEwAw#v=onepage&q=%22wright%20brothers%22%20%20%20%22octave%20chanute%22%20smithsonian%20langley%20cheeky&f=false