The demonstration we just witnessed by DGT should modify the minds of many
sitting upon the fence.  But, I recall the story about being able to lead a
horse to water, but not being able to make it drink.  This might be the
situation regarding LENR.  Many of the skeptics are just not capable of
accepting that LENR is real, and here today.  When you think of a closed mind,
these guys appear to be sitting on the front row, and the lack of major news
surrounding DGT's demo leaves me wondering just what it would take to get their
attention.

Of course it is going to take several additional systems to make the DGT
hyperion a complete product.  The demonstration was super, but much needs to be
done before anything besides raw heat is delivered.  The pressure and
temperature generated by the device should be increased significantly if
efficient electrical power is to be achieved.  Room pressure is not good for
many applications except for room heating for example since no work can be done
without a reasonable pressure differential.  I did not see any reason to
believe that this will not be possible in future developments or demonstrations.

And, if the output pressure is increased significantly, then a pump of that
same pressure level will need to be installed to get the input coolant to that
level.  The DGT demo merely used the grid water pressure for that purpose and
actually had to reduce the incoming pressure in order to limit the flow into
atmospheric loading.  The design of pumps is not new engineering and will pose
little problem for DGT.

Raising the temperature of the output coolant might pose a better challenge for
DGT, but there is no reason to think that this will not be overcome.  I noted
that they kept the internal temperature relatively constant during the demo.
And, we know that a temperature differential is required in order to allow heat
to flow to the coolant, so it is not entirely clear how large this needs to be
for a practical application.  This internal adjustment will come with time and
then the ultimate demo of having their device drive a turbine generator and
electrical load of some sort might be observed.   Of course, it will be proven
at that time that their device can drive itself simultaneously, this should
make most of the skeptics flee the scene.  I can hardly wait!

Dave