On Fri, Sep 13, 2013 at 11:46 AM, <pagnu...@htdconnect.com> wrote:

I'm perplexed that Google wouldn't provide funding after observing some
> of the experiments.

I didn't hear anything about Google's decision after the neutron
measurements -- perhaps they did go ahead with funding after all?  I think
it's pretty cool that Google were even involved.  That means they're
keeping tabs on this stuff.  I assume the group leading the testing would
have been their skunkworks, Google X.  I heard a talk by the main guy
directing Google X, and he said that they go for the big stuff -- projects
that would not just be incremental improvements, but instead would be game
changers if they can be realized.  But he also explained that they had to
make a risk assessment in each case so as to limit their involvement to
projects that they believed to have a significant chance of succeeding.
 LENR for most people will be perceived to be a threshold phenomenon, so
apparatuses like Brillouin's 2.0 COP reactors are not a clear shoe-in for
funding, I suppose, since there is a lot of room for doubt about the
meaning of the results.

In light of the claim that they have looked at Brillouin's work, I would
not be surprised if they have also taken a look at Rossi's or Defkalion's
reactors.  Also, bear in mind that the projects at SRI International are
typically funded by outside organizations (e.g., EPRI).  So it is within
the realm of possibility that Google have funded the SRI examination of
Brillouin's "100" COP reactor.  This is pure speculation, but interesting
speculation nonetheless.

Eric