Alain Sepeda <alain.sep...@gmail.com> wrote:

I agree that Elforsk and all evidence we have don't eliminate the risk that
> E-cat does not work well... that it is unstable, unreliable, or have
> problems...

Yes. On the contrary, the ELFORSK paper shows that it is unstable. It
melted!

The Hotcat version is clearly not ready for commercial use. I do not know
whether the low temperature versions are ready. Frankly, I doubt they are.
I do not think any cold fusion device should be allowed on the market until
production line models have been subjected to millions of hours of testing
in hundreds of different labs and places like Underwriter's Laboratory.

We do not allow automobiles to be sold until they have been crash tested.
Those tests cost many millions of dollars for each model. It is a small
price to pay for automobile safety.

The notion that cold fusion devices can be sold to corporations or
individuals now, in this primitive state of development, is a reflection of
the amateur status of the research. If Rossi and the people at Defkalion
seriously believe they might start sales in a year or two, even before they
crank out a few thousand devices to be safety tested, they are either
naive, ignorant of safety standards, or they are trying to sell investors a
bill of goods.

Defkalion used to claim their devices were being safety tested by the Greek
government. I didn't believe it then, and I sure don't believe it now,
having seen their demonstration. Who on earth would test that for safety!?
We can't even be sure it is working, given the problems measuring the flow
rate. It is a crude, laboratory prototype. If they had something like a
commercial prototype years ago, suitable for testing, why are they still
working with this crude gadget? I will grant it is no more crude or
unreliable than any other cold fusion device, but no government agency
would subject it to consumer product safety testing. That's absurd.