This angle was covered in the "BLP demo - the energizing electrodes" thread
to some degree.

Water arcs have been know to produce over unity power production.

In 1969, the US Bureau of Mines issued a long report on their investigation
into using water arc explosions for rock fragmentation. In one experiment
the investigators at the Twin City Mining Research Center noticed that the
energy output was apparently 156% of the input.