<pagnu...@htdconnect.com> wrote:

On a more selfish note, you probably have had a number inquiries from
> industries since the first F&P press conference, which do you think will
> benefit if LENR proves to be what it claims?

I have not had that many inquiries from industry. More often from
scientists, engineers and people in the military such as Adm. Griffin, who
I quoted in my book. Plus Gene and I reached out to people in industry to
get their input.

As to which will benefit, I discussed that in the book but I could probably
say a lot more about it now.

I can predict which industry sectors will benefit from cold fusion, but I
cannot predict which individual companies will benefit. That depends upon
management.

For example, it is easy to predict that automobiles will sell better and
they will be more profitable with cold fusion. (Until cold fusion becomes a
commodity.) Suppose Toyota develops a cold fusion car quickly. They will be
able to sell it at a premium, let us say for an extra $3000. Customers will
buy it because they save more than $3000 in gasoline. Toyota is taking
profit away from Exxon Mobil. Suppose that while this is happening, Ford
dithers and does not develop a cold fusion car. In that case, they soon go
bankrupt. So it depends on what the corporate managers do.

> Some obvious losers I think are coal, fission, petroleum, maybe utilities.

That is what I predict in the book. Also, wind, solar PV and other
alternative energy. They will be the first to go, because they are still
somewhat more expensive than coal or gas. I predict that electric power
companies will benefit at first but later they will be driven out of
business.

The winners might be batteries, various transportation, cars, rare earths,
> (non-uranium) mining companies, housing, ...

Yup. Also new industries such as home generators, but it may take a while
for regulators to approve them.