Gates should do no further philanthropy until he puts his wealth and
influence behind shifting the tax base off of economic activity (income,
capital gains, sales, value added, inheritance, etc.) and onto (liquidation
value assessed) wealth with the bulk of government revenue disbursed as
unconditional basic income aka citizen's dividend. Gates became the world's
richest man on the strength of the network effect aka network externaility
aka natural monopoly aka economic rent which would have been reflected in
the liquidation value of his copyright on MS-DOS (which he didn't even
write) the moment IBM distributed it on their original 4.77MHz 8088 PC.