>From the comments:

These kind of articles always fails to properly stress that we are dealing
> with monopole quasiparticles. They are not naked monopoles, and I'd wager
> there may not be any in nature and Maxwell's div B = 0 equation (i.e.
> Gauss' law) won't have to be modified.

In this experiment we have a quasiparticle generated at near-absolute-zero
temperatures.  The binding energies of quasiparticles are probably such
that they would be washed away long before the high temperatures seen in
LENR are attained.