I do not understand this argument for an unlimited amount of money. Gold can be
given any value in dollars , hence the amount available in physical form can be
given as much buying power you want without changing the amount of physical
gold.  Right now the price is held at artificial low levels compared to the
demand, especially from China.  This is done by creating paper gold that takes
the place of real gold.  That process has a limited lifetime that will end
badly.

The bitcoin can be subdivided to any small amount such that if 1 bitcoin has to
be equal to 1M$ to be useful in trade, a dollar would be equal to 0.000001
bitcoins, which would buy just as much as would one bit coin if it were = 1$.

The US government is creating money to fill the debt hole created by the banks
so that they can avoid going bankrupt based on the present rules and so that
the government can continue to spend without balancing the books.  Having gold
or bitcoins as a standard would place a limit on how much of this artificial
wealth could be created.  According to my understanding, an unsustainable
situation is being created that will only end badly.

Ed Storms