On Sun, Mar 9, 2014 at 5:36 PM, Jed Rothwell <jedrothw...@gmail.com> wrote:

> James Bowery <jabow...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> Given your absolutist declaration about "complete lack of funding.  Zero
>> dollars" you clearly don't consider the approach being taken by MFMP to be
>> valid no matter what they do but I disagree.
>>

> MFMP has a little money which they provided themselves, plus a little more
> from me and others. Not enough to do what needs to be done, I am afraid.
> They need an SEM and other expensive toys to do an analysis of the metal
> before and after. Without that they are flying blind.

Before and after _what_?

My point is that expenditures on diagnostics is getting the cart before the
horse.  The route to reproducible cold fusion -- hence scientific progress
-- is in the economic trial of large numbers of Pd electrodes with adequate
electrochemistry, looking for effects of large enough amplitude that the
phenomenon is obvious to the most casual observer.

That's _what_.