Jed, this may seem unconventional, but has a crowd-sourcing approach been
considered?

I know of at least one scientific program -- small, admittedly -- that is being
crowd-funded. A LENR proposal would appeal more broadly, I think, and might be
able to raise adequate research funding.

A key might be to structure the proposal with phases, so that funding and
program phases were coordinated, thus building investor confidence.

Cheers,
Lawry