http://scitation.aip.org/content/aip/journal/adva/1/2/10.1063/1.3592522

My hunch that it is the water adsorbed onto the surface of the flour granuals that is key to understanding how the charge separation occurs in the flour experiment.

Nigel

On 11/03/2014 01:50, MarkI-ZeroPoint wrote:

Hi Nigel,

Perhaps they've made progress in the past 20 years! I did my MS in the late 80s.

I am familiar with Pollack's work, but didn't they determine that the energy for this Exclusion Zone (EZ) next to an interface was due to in-coming photons (i.e., light)??? Not sure if it was IR or UV. I vaguely remember something said about this because it would have very significant ramifications for biology (living systems). That EZ represents a 'battery' which is constantly in a state of charge so long as there is light... when they cut off the light in their test system, the EZ began to break down. Am I remembering this right?

Thanks for chiming in!

-Mark

*From:*Nigel Dyer [mailto:l...@thedyers.org.uk]
*Sent:* Monday, March 10, 2014 4:41 PM
*To:* vortex-l@eskimo.com
*Subject:* Re: [Vo]:unknown mechanism generates voltage in the powder cracks

I think there is a link. I think that one of the simplest interpretations of Jerry Pollacks work is that in certain circumstances water holds lightly to its protons, and will loose them leaving a region of negatively charged (but not alkalie) water. This can happen with water adsorbed on a surface, and you get static electricity. It can happen with suspended water droplets, and can result in negatively charged water droplets leaving charged protons behind, resulting in large potential differences in clouds. No reason to expect excess heat in any of this, just different ways of using work energy to create charge separation.

Nigel