Yes, it is unfortunate for the field, Peter.

However, it should be acknowledged that no one in LENR has done more than to
further the field than Storms. And no one in LENR is more knowledgeable, but
the bottom line is that “none of us is as smart as all of us,” and if Storms is
wrong about important details related to the Ni-H arena, based on his long
history with Pd-D - then we should not blindly follow in the wrong direction,
simply because of that earlier success and unsurpassed reputation.

This should be science – not politics. And time is of the essence. Almost all
of the great scientists have been wrong about details of emerging technology,
late in their careers. Not to mention that Ed Storms may yet be proved to be
correct - to the embarrassment of critics. But if so, it will be based on
reliable data and not past accomplishment - and that data does not seem to
support his view now. I’ll be first in line for a ceremonial hari-kari if data
shows up of protons fusing to deuterium in metal cracks. Peter may decline to
be second :-) but an apology will suffice.

Despite his expertise, or perhaps because of it - Storms appears to be
misguided about Pd-D being relevant for Ni-H. In the opinion of many, there are
better explanations, and they should be heard without the observers publishing
their own book. That is what forums are designed for. There is no way to be
supportive of a book that marginalizes all three of the best remaining hopes
for commercialization of LENR – Rossi, Mizuno, and Mills, and that is the
problem in a nutshell.

Therefore and again, if anyone can indeed show evidence of this kind of fusion
“data rules”. We cannot go beyond the hard facts and the data available, and as
of mid July 2014 there appears to be no meaningful probability that fusion of
protons into deuterium can be involved in any of the best experimental work
being done.

That reaction of protons fusing to deuterium is a cornerstone which Ed has
chosen to build on for Ni-H, so all we can do for now is disagree - and wait
for better data.

From: Peter Gluck

Dear Jones,

I find that your analysis of the book is correct unfortunately for the fiedl

and we have only a partial explanation of what has happened and no

prediction/instructions for a research strategy having chances to helo
researcher to solve the endemic problems of LENR we all know well.

I have criticized the paper for similar weaknesses as those shown by you,

when it was only in form of a paper.

See please my questions here:
http://egooutpeters.blogspot.ro/2012/06/some-questions-regarding-ed-storms-new.html

Ed has answered the questions both on my Blog and at CMNS but we could not
agree. Ed said he will write a book and perhaps by reading it I will be able to
undesrtand and appreciate his New Theory.

My objections to it were:

- a destructive and practically unmanageable process based on cracking cannot
be basis for a commercial technology;

- Pd D and transition metals H processes are different and not D +D and H +H,
Mpther Nature do not accepts such constraints

- Pd D is technologically dead if wet, electrochemical

- the LENR+ processes (DGT, Rossi) seems to work outside this theory

Mea culpa probably_ I could not understand the concept of hydrotons

More important LENR is a multi-, ,multi-  process see my Questions.

I know for sure- the book is excellent as all publications of Ed, but we still
have to wait for a chain of theories explaining LENR.

Peter