I went to the "Wattsup.." source article, and found that the problem (apparently) is undersized transformers at the towers. This is NOT a reflection on the feasibility of wind power, but on the so-called prowess of German engineering.

But yes, the engineers maybe were pressured by management to cut costs, went all gooey in the head.
Jeez.

Ol' Bab, who was an engineer...