Jones Beene <jone...@pacbell.net> wrote:

> He believes the data is accurate and was conducted in a manner consistent
> with his experience. The measurements rely on accurate emissivity data and
> he says they were indeed accurate."
>

> Not exactly.

Yes, exactly. This is what Brian wrote: "He [the expert] believes the  data
is accurate and was conducted in a manner consistent with his experience.
The measurements rely on accurate emissivity data and he says they were
indeed accurate."

> Of course, Rothwell and Swartz have traded barbs and insults over the
> years, so the Rossi story continues to bring out all the heavy artillery.

We never trade barbs about technical issues. I know nothing about his
technical claims. He threatened to sue me if I discuss his papers so I have
not read them. I seldom read his comments. I cannot make head or tail of
most of them.

> Anyway - I have always opined that excess heat was there, but doubted the
> high COP level only – not the excess.

Oh yes, this is always what you said . . . as of 10 minutes ago anyway.
Except for, I don't know, THIS and a dozen other messages like it:

Are you blind – or you are not listening? There is a massive problem. Ahern
is an expert with pyrometry and high temperature measurement. A pyrometer
is the only way to test high temperature accurately. The IR is completely
deficient in this situation. Ahern was doing this kind of testing as far
back as when Rossi was operating the Petrodragon scam.

No one would ever use an IR camera in this situation unless they have the
intent to deceive. Especially when the IR camera was NOT PROPERLY
CALIBRATED.

If the camera had been calibrated to 1400 C instead of 500 C it would have
shown the same ~3.5 OU on the dummy load as was later seen on the active
load!

The fact that Rossi would not permit calibration to 1400 C is fully
indicative of the fact the he knew this would be discovered before it ever
got off the ground.

Anyone reading that would assume you think the entire experiment was fraud.
That's what you said, and that is what you meant. That is what we were
talking about when you said Rossi is playing me like a harp. I have only
discussed calorimetry. I have not said anything about the mass spectroscopy
and I have no opinion about it. So obviously we were not talking about that.

Also, I was the first to point it was not properly calibrated. Anyone can
see that.