And so says Jonathan Jones on 11/12/05 02:37...
> Just out of interest, forget sourceforge, forget the website, in your
> minds, what do you aim to acheive with this project?

I believe Peter has stated he wants to do the web, but he can speak for
himself.

Me, I want the "3dui" - the everyday UI you use to do stuff.  This is at
the same time more and less interesting, because there are already a few
functional 3duis.  (Or "vrui" or "ii" or whatever you prefer to call
it.)  I think they're not going anywhere because there is a lack of
pull, a lack of basically two things - enough apps that you can actually
use this in production, and a few killer apps that make people come and
try.  I think the killer apps is what we're working on - we have pretty
much the vr equivalent of IRC, and Peter dreams of the 3d web, and a few
of us are working on games which would be very flexible thanks to the
vos model.

best,
                                               Lalo Martins
http://www.laranja.org/          mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]