I made the divs a bit transparent in #1.  I think they're too boring though,
maybe need a bit more bubbliness? (Or is that too "Web 2.0"? :) Or more of a
border?

I just threw together the background images in blender, but I do like having
them look more polygonated and emphasising that they are 3d graphics.

With the second design, my idea is also that there would be a set of similar
background images, but with a different one for each page. (or randomly selected
when loaded).

The background in #1 and the menu in #2 are fixed to the viewport, but I haven't
decided if that's a good idea yet.

And I'm just having fun experimneting with the javascript mouseover effects.
Let me know if you think they would work.

Reed

http://interreality.org/~reed