Hi all,

I have fixed the autologin problem and reduce the size to 30MB. The original iso image is replaced with a new one.

- Punky

Kim-man 'Punky' TSE wrote:
Hi all,

I have been silent for a week (no kernel and package development) as I am experimenting a brand new voyage live CD which is now available in the following location:
   http://www.voyage.hk/download/ISO/voyage-current.iso

It should be populated to all mirrors within 24 hours.

- Debian etch based
- casper style live CD (used in Debian Live / Ubuntu)
- ubuntu-based voyage 2.6.15_3.0-1 kernel
- initramfs : squashfs + unionfs
- features udev and pcmciautil
- 31MB in size
- (and it is built using customization framework!)

Note that this live CD still very experimental and it is not a conventional voyage. It is just a proof-of-concept and demonstration of my current development. I can run it successfully under VMWare. I think running under qemu should also work. And conventional voyage is still in the works as I am now polishing up installation and configuration parts (with some collaboration with Bill).

Let me know your feedback after using and testing it. At the moment, I am not comfortable with the autologin provided by casper. In addition, we need to find ways to support persistent storage on top of unionfs (it is now mounting tmpfs on /cow).

--
Regards,
Punky

V O Y A G E . H K - http://www.voyage.hk
Linux - voyage-0.2 is released!
Store - Senao NMP-8602 Plus (400mW) is now in stock!