Hi all,

The daily live-cd build is now be able to work as PXE server. A simple instruction in below:

1. edit /tftpboot/pxelinux.0/default, modify "nfsroot=a.b.c.d" in APPEND line

2. edit /etc/exports
/media    a.b.c.0/255.255.255.0(ro,no_root_squash,async)

3. mount -t squashfs -o loop /live_media/casper/filesystem.squashfs /media

4. /etc/init.d/nfs-user-server restart

5. edit /etc/dnsmasq.pxe.conf

6. restart /etc/init.d/dnsmasq restart

I will write a simple script to generate the required configuration and start all of them at once.

Has anyone been using it?  I would like to hear your comment.

- Punky

Kim-man 'Punky' TSE wrote:
Daily Live CD is now available in:
   http://www.voyage.hk/download/ISO/voyage-current.iso

Next, the live-cd will be able to run as PXE boot server. NFS + pxeboot issue will be resolved in one shot.

- Punky

Kim-man 'Punky' TSE wrote:

Daily build is now in place.
Next, it will be daily live cd and pxe rootfs, followed by voyage-0.3pre1 release.

- Punky

Kim-man 'Punky' TSE wrote:
Hi all,

voyage-current is now with 2.6.17 kernel. voyage-current.old.tar.gz removed.

- Punky

Kim-man 'Punky' TSE wrote:
Forgot one thing. It now comes with madwifi-ng 0.9.2 (r1697) module and tools.

Kim-man 'Punky' TSE wrote:
Hi all,

After sorting out all the personal affairs, I have completed a first workable version of voyage based on Debian Etch. voyage-current represents the latest development of voyage and will soon be available in daily build. From time to time, it is frozen as preview release or final release. I am now working towards a first preview release of voyage-0.3.

   http://www.voyage.hk/download/voyage/voyage-current.tar.gz

- the distro tarball is 27MB is size, 67MB installed.
- ubuntu 2.6.15 kernel
- run voyage.update in ./usr/local/sbin for installation (new voyage.update scripts by Bill)
- do not use voyage-current it in production

Next, you will be seeing kernel upgrade to ubuntu 2.6.17.

The previous release voyage-current based on Debian Sarge is now renamed to voyage-current.old.tar.gz. It will be removed from download in a week.

--
Regards,
Punky

P U N K N ! X  . c o m
Technology + Lifestyle
(http://www.punknix.com)

V O Y A G E . H K - http://www.voyage.hk
Linux - voyage-0.2 is released!
Store - Senao NMP-8602 Plus (400mW) is now in stock!