Dear Edgar,

>> I am a newbie, so maybe my question is a little stupid :( ... but anyone
>> knows how to connect a power button to the alix2dX board?
>>
>> I have connected a hard drive to this board and would be great to shutdown
>> the operating system gracefully.

> there is no such thing as a power button on the alix2 boards, they're
> intended to run 24/7.

Well there IS an option (for ALIX 3D3 at least) to solder a power
button to the ALIX as ALIX has a general purpose I/O.

http://www.twam.info/linux/gpio-on-alix3d3
http://voyage-linux.34677.n3.nabble.com/Fwd-What-about-GPIO-support-for-ALIX-3D3-td875443.html

You might then provide a daemon or something else to detect operation
/ processing interrupt (if possible?) of the switch and then shutdown
-h now.

The following is for the WRAP board, so maybe not useful for the ALIX:

http://wiki.voyage.hk/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=wrap_switches&s=gpio

I did not try anything like that, I'm only using the LED and they work fine.

I think this might be a useful option to implement or research in
future voyage versions, as we might usw ALIX with VGA as a lightweight
terminel (see LTSP project:

https://wiki.kip.uni-heidelberg.de/KIPwiki/index.php/EDV:LTSP/alix3d3
- in German)
--