Thanks a lot for the responses!

In fact, i saw a switch called "mode switch" in the ALIX documentation (http://www.pcengines.ch/pdf/alix2.pdf) Pag. 20.

So, I was very excited with the news and thought about writing the script Andreas suggested, to monitor when this switch is pressed down and then execute a "shutdown -h now".

But... when i did test the "shutdown command" my ALIX board does not powered off. All the services are stopped and the operating system is inactive, but it remains consuming power. This state is similar to when a MS Windows machine displays the message "It is Now Safe to Turn Off Your Computer"

I know is not possible to send a "power off" signal to my single 15VDC PSU like in a ATX PSU... So i think am now stuck again :(

-- Edgar