Hello,
At the suggestion of Claude Bullard I have joined this list
to see if I can't find writers with existing story lines
or story lines they'd like to develop to help demonstrate
the fun and value of actually talking to characters and
browsers.  That is my company makes very sophisticated
Natural Language Processing Tools which it make possible
to significantly increase the size scope and accuracty of
navigation and control devices as well as adding a new
and very rich question and answer ability.  So for
example you can ask and answer questions of characters
or of a worlds and you can use language to command and
control the browser, world, or game you are working with.

I recently won the Best Technical award at VSMM98 in
Japan where I began my talk by saying that the entire
world of Virtual Reality and Mutli-Media is being held
hostage by grammar.  I then pointed out that the speech
and keyboard simply could not meet the language demand
of users without significantly better grammar tools.  So
my company just makes these invisible DLL's that allow
your users to chat with your characters and with browsers.

I have free commercial licenses available for those who
would like to explore this technology.  It takes a
couple hours of programming to set it up and then it
takes a writer with a reasonable eye for grammar to
write for it.  If you or anyone you know would like to
explore this, please contact me.  But within a couple
of days you could have your programs quizzing users
about the worlds they just visited or having an
interactive chat with a VRML sales clerk or other
character.

Phil Bralich

Philip A. Bralich, Ph.D.
President and CEO