Feedback into discoverability.  We have
agents for that, what I might like to call,
Golem worlds.  At the point at which the
Golem is entertaining, it is effective
because it is affective.  A shoot-em-up
in a maze is surprising but not astonishing.
A monster that makes you answer its questions
then either shoots you or turns into Cindy
Crawford and seduces you is shocking.  What
would it take to astonish you?  Only if
you react in a way completely new to your
experience perhaps?

I think as we are able to feed and modify
the emotive aspects of the Golems, we will
find the missing space.  We should put more
of our own passions into the golems.  Sure,
sci-fi predicts that, but no one said we
have to do the completely unpredictable
stories, just astonishing ones.  Astonishment
is the emotion of seeing the completely
unexpected amidst the mundane.  Perhaps
it is as simple as being jostled awake
by the icemaker in a new refrigerator
and being really happy about that.  Perhaps
you need Cindy to bring you cold water
and a sandwich.  I would be astonished.

Len
http://www.mp3.com/LenBullard