On 15/07/14 17:22, Emil Velikov wrote:
On 15/07/14 15:35, Jose Fonseca wrote:
On 07/07/14 18:28, Emil Velikov wrote:
Hi all,

After respinning the latest changes (and ripping out WGL as it requires some
api/abi changes) here is a lovely list of fixes that gets us closer to building
waffle with mingw/msvc.

The first four patches are old (three cgl fixes that Chad would like to test
prior to pushing them + a patch from Chad).

Then a few misc fixes (not related to win32/mingw/msvc) followed by the
addition
of c99_compat header (inspired by mesa) and a couple of third_party util libs.

The last 13 or so patches cover msvc quirks where it should work but instead
it dies agony.

Please give the series a look and/or bash.

Currently is available at
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v1/url?u=https://github.com/evelikov/waffle&k=oIvRg1%2BdGAgOoM1BIlLLqw%3D%3D%0A&r=NMr9uy2iTjWVixC0wOcYCWEIYhfo80qKwRgdodpoDzA%3D%0A&m=0eeLUEWkgi57miMy0UePE0pWYjRgjZiB06NM%2F5MlJqo%3D%0A&s=27d08d81fd336f9617452db8811cafefdc23443a9858d65d0981c3248160b538
in the
for-upstream-3 branch.

Cheers,
Emil

I tried to build this branch with mingw/msvc but I get

   CMake Error at cmake/Modules/WaffleDefineOS.cmake:31 (message):
   Unrecognized CMAKE_SYSTEM_NAME="Windows"

Is that expected?

Jose
Yes that is expected as these patches (the branch) do _not_ include WGL
support but are generic fixes. I would like to get the WGL in soon after this
yet that will require version bump as I have introduced a couple API changes.

Meanwhile if you're around I would appreciate if you can give me some tips on
how to get msvc 2013 non *_xp platform working.

This is why I wanted to build it myself -- so I can try to repro whatever problems you're having.

IMO, it would be better the patches to enable building with MSVC are commited before, and not after, the generic patches. So that people other than yourself can try build it, and verify that your patches do what's expected.

I have installed the following (in the exact order)
* Win 7 64bit Professional
* MSVC 2013 Ultimate
* Microsoft Visual Studio 2013 SDK

I'm not sure what this "Visual Studio 2013 SDK" is, but I doubt it's necessary.

The normal (v120) platform toolkit complains about missing headers (including
windows.h) and import libraries. I have yet to find any useful information on
the web about MSVC 2013, and all the "fixes" are not helping - "copy
everything from the xp profile to the normal one" or "format and reinstall
everything including windows".

If you know a certain setup (the non-ultimate compiler ?)/install order or
other way of resolving this I'm all ears. I've spend 3+ days on this already :\

I have Visual Studio Ultimate 2013 and it works fine.

Thanks
Emil

Which cmake version are you using?

Jose