On 07/15/2014 09:30 AM, Jose Fonseca wrote:
> On 15/07/14 17:22, Emil Velikov wrote:
>> On 15/07/14 15:35, Jose Fonseca wrote:

>>> I tried to build this branch with mingw/msvc but I get
>>>
>>> CMake Error at cmake/Modules/WaffleDefineOS.cmake:31 (message):
>>> Unrecognized CMAKE_SYSTEM_NAME="Windows"
>>>
>>> Is that expected?
>>>
>>> Jose

>> Yes that is expected as these patches (the branch) do _not_ include
>> WGL support but are generic fixes.
>
> This is why I wanted to build it myself -- so I can try to repro
> whatever problems you're having.
>
> IMO, it would be better the patches to enable building with MSVC are
> commited before, and not after, the generic patches. So that people
> other than yourself can try build it, and verify that your patches
> do what's expected.

I agree with Jose. I'd like to see patches committed to master that
enable building on MinGW/MSVC sooner rather than later. It's ok if the
build is broken or the MinGW/MSVC support is buggy. That's expected at
this stage of this development. Having the MinGW MSVC build support
upstreamed, though, permits others to test and iterate on your work.