I'm seeing this happen with one of the people I'm working with, slow meaning
almost 1sec/character in this case. He's running firefox on linux. My guess
is that it's due to jssh, but it's hard to tell, I'll poke around and see if
I can find out more.
What OS/FireFox version and jssh addon are you using?

Thanks,

Charley