On May 12, 2008, at 9:24 AM, Mike Belshe wrote:

I'm trying to create a changelog from windows without success.

I have read the instructions here: http://webkit.org/coding/contributing.html

When I run the script, I produces this:

> ../../WebKitTools/Scripts/prepare-ChangeLog
  Running status to find changed, added, or removed files.
  Reviewing diff to determine which lines changed.
.o ChangeLog found for HTMLParser.cpp
.o ChangeLog found for HTMLTokenizer.cpp

So now what do I do?  There is no new ChangeLog on the disk anywhere.

It looks like you're running the prepare-ChangeLog script from a directory that does not contain a ChangeLog in itself or any of its subdirectories.

Try using "cd .." to move up one level and running the script again.

-Adam