06.05.2009, в 21:38, Drew Wilson написал(а):

It looks like the JSC collection code relies on JSLock to lock the heap - I'm guessing that I'll need to explicitly grab the JSLock whenever I'm manipulating the linkage between the two ports, is that correct? Or is there a different/better way to handle situations like this?

The JavaScriptCore implementation of MessagePorts only supports document contexts (i.e., it only works on main thread).

As mentioned earlier, the first thing needed to implement MessagePorts in workers is a design of how they can be passed around without breaking GC. It is likely that taking a lock whenever atomicity is desired will cause deadlocks.

- WBR, Alexey Proskuryakov