14.09.2010, в 22:15, Darin Fisher написал(а):

> I think it makes sense to extend ResourceHandle.cpp to access the
> BlobRegistry singleton in order to support blob URLs.

The problem I see with adding blob support to ResourceHandle is that it makes
it too difficult to maintain. It used to be a platform abstraction, and it was
hard enough to make sure it worked well across platforms. Adding a significant
amount of cross-platform logic on top of that isn't going to make it easier -
especially when it's done via subclassing.

An example that prompted me to look into this was
<http://trac.webkit.org/changeset/67503>. Here, a static function that reported
platform capabilities had to become virtual, so that it could take blob loading
logic into account. There is nothing in common between "are we running on a
version of Mac OS X that supports this" and "are we loading a blob", and
remembering this twist won't be easy.

- WBR, Alexey Proskuryakov